It’s my birthday!
I had my list of personal goals I wanted to achieve by today and I’ve been mulling over all the ones I haven’t yet reached. So, over the last couple of days I decided to look at what I have been able to check off my list.
- I’ve graduated whoop whoop
- Identified my dream career – After studying various subjects over the years and researching numerous career options for someone with my education and skill set, I finally found a career and started making progress towards it.
- Internship – Last summer I graduated and did a short course on Art Direction at UAL. I spent the next 14 months or so applying for creative internships all over the place. I went through a constant cycle of applying, not hearing back, updating my portfolio and re-doing my CV and cover letters, thinking next time… next time… next time… I would become disheartened for a while, then pick myself up and start the cycle over again. 3 weeks ago I started my internship at the charity who own the nursery I work at! They had taken over the the nursery this summer and all I had to do was drop an email and ask! I was so happy and so relieved. The Communications manager whom I am working with is so lovely and super helpful
- Learnt Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign – I’ve made a lot of progress over the past few years and become proficient at using these packages. I just need to keep using these pieces of software when answering briefs to perfect it.
- Moved out on my own – I always thought of 25 as the age for being a fully fledged grown up. I associated this age with having a career, a home, a family and generally having it all together. Well, my reality is far from that but I’m on my way!
- Re-joined the gym – A healthy MJ is a happy MJ 🙂
Yet to do:
- Get over my fear of driving
- Build a banging portfolio kaizen
- Secure my first graduate job as a creative
- Visit MOMA
- Blog more often I say this every time!
Roll on the next 5 years!
–The Birthday Girl-